Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!!

Well this morning I woke up and started playing my new computer game I bought the previous day. The game is called Age of Empires 3 and it cost 30 bucks. It is drastically addicting. So about an hour later Leah comes in and says ," Its Mother's Day!" Right then I'm like Oh No! Good thing Mom was still asleep, its like 8am now, and I rushed downstairs to the kitchen. I immediately start cooking french toast. So I crack the eggs into a pie glass and dip in the bread. After that I plopped them onto the pan and let them cook. When they were finished, I retrieved the "untouched for 6 months" huge plastic plate and washed it. After putting the french toast on, I cooked some ham slices real fast and put them on the plate also. Meanwhile I tell Cade to peel an orange. I make some orange juice super duper quick and pour a glass of ice cold OJ. By then Cade is done with the orange and we pick out the best 5 peeled oranges. They're needed to be one more thing in the last empty space. So I looked in the fridge and grabbed strawberry yogurt and squeezed it onto the plastic plate. I squished a perfect amount of Syrup onto the french toast, which is still warm along with the ham, and got a spoon and fork. All this happened withing 15 minutes. All the kids came upstairs and went into Mom's room, opened the curtains and yelled ,''Surprise!" My mom woke up kinda confused but smiled as she saw the breakfast. She commented that it was her first breakfast in bed. We talked for a few minutes and then I hurried downstairs and cleaned up. Well, despite Mom's awesome breakfast, the kids got cereal. After that I went to playing Age of Empires again for another 2 hours. Then I came downstairs and found Dad watching Youtube. I highly recommend watching Brian Reagen the comedian, especially "The Spelling Bee" and " Little League". They are like LOL ROFL!! Following that I got ready for church. When i came downstairs 20 minutes later i find out that our neighbor dropped off a dozen doughnuts, but Moxie and Merry ate them. After church we went to Grandma Powell's house for dinner. We had Chuy's Big Family Pack which included rice, beans, coleslaw and like 10 pounds of chicken. When the family arrived back home, I gave Mom some homemade coupons. The coupon's included back and foot massages, babysitting, and Cooking dinner from preparation to cleaning. Then I did some homework and started to write this. 
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers everywhere!
P.S. 
This is my longest post ever!!!

3 comments:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Thanks very much Seth for the awesome "done in 15 mintues" breakfast. I will remember it forever because it was my first breakfast in bed.

I love you son, you're so awesome!

Kris said...

You are incredible Seth. You are turning into an awesome young man. Keep it up. Love you. I'm sure that your Mom really appreciated the thoughtfulness.

Kris said...

Missed saying happy birthday to you. So sorry. I hope that you had a great day. It's really hard to communicate with you when there's no phone. Hope that you get to read this. I'm so proud of you Seth. You are an awesome young man, and you have accomplished so much in your young life. Keep believing in yourself. You have so many talents, keep exploring those talents and improve on them. Just want you to know that grandma loves you dearly.